Prime Liquor is the best liquor store experience in Colorado Springs, Colorado. We offer a one of a kind shopping experience where customers can browse over 6,000 popular and top selling wines, beer, and spirits including many that are made right here in Colorado. We carry a lot of organic and Colorado made products including vodka, whiskey, cider, and wine. We have the only walk-in craft beer cave in Colorado Springs! Join us weekly for free tastings at our custom tasting bar where you can sample new mixed drinks and cocktails from some of the best bartenders in Colorado Springs.
Visit us in the store at 7149 N. Academy Boulevard, Colorado Springs, CO 80920
Barrell Bourbon Batch 023 is a blend of 10, 12 and 15-year-old barrels. We focused on a balance of richness and depth from the older barrels. The blend mingled for a couple of months to heighten the lushness and complexity. Finally, we methodically layered in 15-year-old barrels to bring out notes of tropical fruit and angelica spice. The result is an evolving bourbon with layers of flavor.
• A blend of straight Bourbon Whiskeys
• Distilled and aged in Tennessee, Kentucky and Indiana
• Selection of 10, 12, and 15-year-old barrels
• Aged in American white oak barrels
• Crafted and bottled in Kentucky
• 107.78 proof cask strength bottling
• Mash bill: corn, rye and malted barley
Cinnamon donuts lead into earthy notes of walnut, leather, and fallen leaves. Subtly fruity, with hints of white currant and honeydew melon peeking out over the classic rye spice of angelica, catnip and black licorice.
• Appearance: A core of zincite ore fades to pale yellow.
• Nose: Opens sweetly, on buttered pancakes with maple syrup and cinnamon donuts. Gradually the aroma shifts to exotic, earthy notes of forest floor, cracked walnut, leather, red miso, and incense. Fruits feel ancillary, but kiwi, white currant, mulled cider and raspberry pastille all make an appearance. The rye spice is pronounced, lending bay leaf, angelica and chocolate mint.
• Palate: Gently sweet with chewy tannin, the evolution on the palate mirrors the nose. Honey, coffee cake and a touch of brownie taking the lead. Dry rose follows, on walnut shell, fallen leaves and portobello mushroom; reminiscent of an old Oloroso sherry. There’s a juicy brightness that makes notes of honeydew melon, grenadine and orange zest come alive.
• Finish: Cinnamon donut accompanied by nocino, black licorice and tar. As it fades, it softens to leather, orange peel and apple blossom.
With a few drops of spring water:
Fresh, with a bright sea salt note rounded out by oregano and catnip. The palate grows creamier, tasting of cereal milk.