Prime Liquor is the best liquor store experience in Colorado Springs, Colorado. We offer a one of a kind shopping experience where customers can browse over 6,000 popular and top selling wines, beer, and spirits including many that are made right here in Colorado. We carry a lot of organic and Colorado made products including vodka, whiskey, cider, and wine. We have the only walk-in craft beer cave in Colorado Springs! Join us weekly for free tastings at our custom tasting bar where you can sample new mixed drinks and cocktails from some of the best bartenders in Colorado Springs.
Visit us in the store at 7149 N. Academy Boulevard, Colorado Springs, CO 80920
Dovetail is blended to highlight some of our favorite flavors. Woody bourbon; terroir driven Dunn Cabernet; toasted French oak; Late Bottled Vintage Port pipes; black strap molasses casks; all working in tandem to create a buttery and deep whiskey as unique as it is delicious.
• Appearance: Rose gold with highlights of worn copper.
• Nose: Opens with mature aromas both sweet (canelé, panna cotta, crème de noyaux) and savory (walnut oil, leather). This is followed quickly by a vast array of fruit derived both from the spirit (smoked apricot, grapefruit peel) as well as the cask treatment (sloe gin, damson jam). The aroma is high toned, pungently floral and herbaceous, with subtle, balancing pops of minerality.
• Palate: Darker (cocoa, molasses, burnt marshmallow) and spicier (cola, nutmeg, Tellicherry peppercorn) than the nose, an effect well-complemented by the cask treatment and rendered more complex by the savory and herbaceous themes running throughout.
• Finish: A sweet and elegant signature of rose jelly, chestnut honey, and Pineau des Charantes that also features hazelnut, eucalyptus, and Corsican mint.
With a few drops of spring water
• An unexpected avalanche of orange and tropical notes of watermelon, lychee and vanilla on the nose.